AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dinner time 1950
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

J_Wagfrm
Posted 3/20/2024 08:15 (#10672440 - in reply to #10670067)
Subject: RE: Dinner time 1950

South Western Michigan
While its very true that the amount of calories burned during what we've come to know as "Exercise" such as an hour at the gym are marginal compared to eating a high calorie snack there is something to be said for staying active throughout the day. "NEAT" calories or as I understand it the calories burnt while staying active are far greater than just simply hitting a quick "Exercise" routine. For instance a person that sits at a desk for 8 hoours, stops at the gym on the way home for an hour then goes on home and sets in front of the tv all night is not going to burn as many calories during the day as the person that has an active job and then goes home and push mows the yard and works in the garden and so on but skips the gym. Now that doesnt mean that a trip to the gym for a dedicated workout that raises the heartrate is a bad thing. I also can attest to a whole foods diet making a big difference. I have lost 95 pounds in the last 18 months eating plenty of carbs. No (or very little) processed foods, eating what i call a "true whole foods" diet. My wife an I eat two loafs of bread a week but we made it ourselves. We eat poatoes, veggies, even chips but we buy minimal ingredient chips that are not cooked in seed oils. We even eat ice cream occassionally.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)