AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting into rye
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Blusteryknollfarm
Posted 3/21/2024 07:37 (#10673556 - in reply to #10673535)
Subject: RE: Planting into rye

North Central Illinois
Mr Bowlus - 3/21/2024 07:25

Just plant soybeans and don't tell him until they are already planted. If it in going into CRP, most people plant soybeans the year before anyway. Makes no-till drilling prairie grasses alot easier than going into stalks. How do you know it is going into CRP? The signup for 2025 is still going on...No offers were made yet according to my FSA Offfice

I think being a man of his word should be more valuable than the few extra possible dollars than planting a different crop or using anhydrous despite agreeing to the landlord's request otherwise.

If CRP contracts aren't made yet there's all the more reason to give this a try even if it is a "one year deal." It could easily become a longer deal than that.

With a landlord with that's picky about specific practices I'd suggest a crop share agreement if possible so they're sharing some of the risk, but honestly with basic or optional units on insurance it ain't like a guy has a huge amount of risk on a deal like this if the cash rent rate is right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)