AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is keto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/30/2024 19:33 (#10601196 - in reply to #10600957)
Subject: Coconut and MCT oil

Pittsburg, Kansas
Here is a post I made on the subject a while back. I currently am taking a teaspoon of coconut oil before bed time daily. We are currently in Bonaire and the coconut oil is readily available in grocery stores.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1111222&mid=10...

Also the post right below the one linked above.

The only negative I have heard is by Dr Paul Mason of Australia. It concerns phytocholesterol, which is a plant version of cholesterol that is very similar to human cholesterol but not the same and is excreted by the body. But a small amount of these plant cholesterols do get by our immune system and utilize cholesterol receptors. It is his hypothesis that the plant cholesterol that actually has been shown to reduce our cholesterol numbers are actually doing a bad thing. His belief is that by not eating these foods that contain plant cholesterol allows the body to raise cholesterol to the proper level it should be.

Is he right???? I have no clue. But I do value his opinions on most other things diet wise.

So I would say there is probably more to be learned about cholesterol, ketones and many other things about metabolism.

Edited by John Burns 1/30/2024 19:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)