AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is keto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/1/2024 06:20 (#10603094 - in reply to #10601643)
Subject: Butter Bob Briggs tells it like it is

Pittsburg, Kansas

I completely agree. He was one of my early teachers.

The first time I saw one of his presentations, was December a little over 5 years ago, down here in Bonaire. I thought he was a flake. I quit the video a fourth of the way through. This was at the very beginning of my education and journey. So two or three weeks pass and I have watched many videos by many doctors (a lot of Low Carb Down Under presentations - that is where I discovered a lot of the doctors I began to follow). I had learned a lot by that point and in the mean time my wife got interested in all the videos I had been listening to with ear buds. So she had started listening to some with me. And by herself she also started listening to some on her own.

One day she says, "you have to listen to this guy, he is really good!" It was Butter Bob Briggs, the "flake" I had brushed off. But in the time from I first listened to him and the current time I had learned an enormous amount of information. All of the sudden what he was saying made sense. Not only did it make sense, Butter Bob had done the research to figure out WHY it worked. So we basically binge watched all of Butter Bob's presentations we could find.

For me personally, I got more out of the more technical presentations. The Ivor Cummins style that goes into the science and mechanisms of how it works. My wife is more of a "what do I need to do" kind of person and Butter Bob's presentations were right down her wheelhouse. Simple common language presentations without a lot of scientific jargon.

I would say Butter Bob was probably in the top 5 presenters early on that convinced us we needed to go low carb.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=butter+bob+briggs

Edited by John Burns 2/1/2024 06:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)