AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is keto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/31/2024 15:56 (#10602436 - in reply to #10601775)
Subject: Context matters

Pittsburg, Kansas
I hope you enjoyed it!

What a person decides to eat can depend on a person's goals.

If weight loss is the goal and you have lost weight the goal has been met. If the goal is to maintain the weight lost then the frequency of sundae consumption probably needs to be addressed.

If a person has an addiction, the occasional treat could be a problem. For an alcoholic an occasional beer or hard liquor is probably not a good idea. For a non alcoholic might be ok. I had a problem with sugar and sweet taste addiction. That sundae for me would be the equivalent of giving an alcoholic a beer. For me it is just better to say "no". For you perhaps not a problem.

If a person is diabetic or even insulin resistant, the sundae could be a much poorer choice than for someone metabolically healthy whose pancreas beta cells can still take the abuse and put out the insulin needed to keep the glucose levels from being completely toxic in the bloodstream.

So what a person chooses to eat is a lot about the context. What is not totally terrible for one person might be for another.

Edit: I can pretty confidently say the sundae definitely kicked you out of any ketogenic state you might have been in. :-)

Edited by John Burns 1/31/2024 16:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)