AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn production in the next few years..."fundamental changes"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 8/8/2006 00:47 (#33684)
Subject: Corn production in the next few years..."fundamental changes"

Driftless SW Wisconsin
I was in touch with the Market to Market group today and they directed me to the web source of a very interesting broadcast from last Friday. My interest is mostly in the corn comments.

I think this has more to do with corn PRODUCTION in the next few years than marketing. As Doug Jackson says in this broadcast, there are some fundamental long term changes happening in agriculture in the next few years, "the biggest changes since the introduction of the plow" or something to that effect.

This is a 13 minute broadcast, it may require a high speed connection, I'm not sure. The part of interest to corn growers starts about 2 or 3 minutes in. An excellent discussion of the effects of ethanol and biodiesel...etc.

Thanks to Mark Pearson, Doug Jackson & IPTV for the show and free download. Most newer computers come with some sort of mp3 player software. I think you can download it for free if necessary.

I happen to agree with Doug's vision of the market. I would also like to see the corn producer benefit from this market, if and when Doug is correct.

Here's the link:

http://www.iptv.org/mtom/rss/market-analysis/audio/3148disc.mp3

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 8/8/2006 00:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)