AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting deeper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 9/23/2006 03:30 (#45915 - in reply to #45827)
Subject: RE: A ? for Chad H

NE SD
No Damian, I understand what you're saying, and that's what I mean when I say this is the way I like to go under ideal conditions. This year we were thrown a complete curve ball with the fact that we were so wet we could hardly use the row cleaners. As far as atrazine goes, any we have ever put down, we put down post planting just because of that- mostly used Harness Xtra. This year we went with a Harness / liquid 28% program. It is nice, but then you're not getting on the needed P either. It's amazing how much difference in emergence having a beautiful black strip like that can make though.

Agcofan, we got rid of one of our air seeders as well as that planter and bought a DB 60 this last year. Had several issues with the planter- some stemming from less than stellar salesman support. Worst part was, that this was probably one of the most difficult springs we have had- even the old timers say that. It's bad enough when life throws you a curve ball, but to be learning about a new item and trying to deal with that curve ball can get really frustrating. It is amazing how much you can accomplish with that outfit though on a good day without a lot of moving around. We are still no-tilling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)