AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sprayer rate control with some boom valves off, section control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/17/2024 08:21 (#10668216 - in reply to #10667990)
Subject: RE: sprayer rate control with some boom valves off, section control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes that was going to be my first suggestion. I can see that an Ardunio Nano is involved and diodes were installed on some of the GPIO outputs to prevent back feeding. Please trim the excess from the diodes and wires and cover them in shrink tubing, apply a little heat to shrink the tubing so those nasty junctions are covered.

I'm not certain as to the function of the Nano. I work with them as a hobby. Was the Nano part of an auto swath kit controller or is this homemade?

I made a post yesterday concerning your situation on one of the boards but apparently I didn't post it.

My thoughts agree with others and the way that this would be handled with a Raven 440 or the like. With an external auto swath device, the wiring would go like this. The Auto swath controller makes the decision as to whether a boom valve should be ON/OFF. It then sends 12V out a trigger wire to each section valve. This would cause the valve to open. It must also inform the controller to the fact when a particular valve is open. To do that the wire that leads to the spray valve trigger needs to split and return back to the controller. This means the section switches on the controller need to be in the OFF position at all times.

If the Auto swath controller decided it was appropriate to shut off section 1 because that area had already been sprayed, the valve would close which would be proper. If the section 1 switch on the controller is still ON, the controller will assume that the valve is still open and perform its calculations as to rate applied still based on section one still being On. The system would then be trying to push that much volume through less sections which would be difficult to do and would result in over application if it could.

Another complicating factor is what style of section valves are you using. If you are using the polarity reversing style this throws another complication into the mix. Is that what the Nano is for?

I assume that the relays in your picture that the Nano controls are what actually controls the 12V triggers to the spray valves since the Nano can not handle the curent/voltage demands of the section valves directly.

Edited by tedbear 3/17/2024 10:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)