AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sprayer rate control with some boom valves off, section control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cheeseman
Posted 3/28/2024 09:41 (#10683945 - in reply to #10670558)
Subject: Update

Central Kansas
We talked to Micro-Trak and they had a used pcb which they said had been a working board. I bought that from them, they made clear there were no guarantees about if it would work for me.

While waiting for the board, I did some spraying using the old board and using the manual position of the switch instead of automatic (actually I used automatic with all boom switches on to determine pressure to get target rate, then switch to manual and maintain speed as the section control would shut off boom sections as needed). So the section control worked great!

I received the pcb and decided to test it without any modifications for my automatic section control and to make sure it worked as expected. It actually worked exactly the same as my old board. So I called Micro-Trak again and they said lets get our "wizard" to help with this. So got on a phone call with several different people from Micro-Trak and went over the problems again. The "wizard" agreed with me that the problem had to be the controller, and it was not a problem with the sprayer/plumbing that some were thinking it was. But there is a small pcb with the display that piggybacked onto the main board and they did not send that to me with the main board, and the "wizard" agreed that there was definitely a possibility that the IC doing the calculations for the automatic rate adjustments could be on that board, so now Micro-Trak is sending me that "display" board. I will update again after I receive that and have a chance to test it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)