AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sprayer rate control with some boom valves off, section control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WestMIguy
Posted 4/3/2024 20:04 (#10692724 - in reply to #10692550)
Subject: RE: Update

It’s a little confusing because the put the module info in another place. If you go to GitHub and search for the main AgopenGps page you have to click on a link “PCB and firmware repository” that will take you to the ag hardware page. Then click on “rate control”

Once you are in that folder, there are a few different boards to choose from. I built te RC 12 rate controller. That one is powered by an arduino nano, so if you open the folder that says nano it will list 3 PCB’s if you open up RC12 the files to send to JLCPCB will be in there. You can see the parts list of what is soldered to the board.

When I ordered mine JLCPCB seemed to have issues with the parts list. They kept asking me questions. Finally I just had them make the boards and canceled the mounted components. I had to order all the pieces from Digikey and solder them on myself. Not hard to do, but it took time to find all the parts on the digikey website.

If you go the RC 12 route you will also need to have JLCPCB make the relay driver board for you. (That’s the small green board on the pins of the relay board) that is what turns the relays on and off.

In addition to these parts you will need:
A nano
An 8 or 16 relay relay board
A nano ehternet shield if you want to connect Ethernet, otherwise it works over usb connected to the nano
A cytron MD13s motor driver

I have not put mine on the sprayer yet, but it all seems to be working good on the bench.

The RC15 and RC11 boards also look nice and maybe easier to utilize if JLCPCB and source all the components, but they would cost more.

Edited by WestMIguy 4/3/2024 20:10

(IMG_3864 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_3858 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_3859 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_3860 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_3861 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3864 (full).jpeg (135KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3858 (full).jpeg (152KB - 11 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3859 (full).jpeg (174KB - 10 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3860 (full).jpeg (163KB - 9 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3861 (full).jpeg (174KB - 11 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)