AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reduced Rates of Fertilizer - In reference to Ron's posts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/29/2006 08:09 (#30839 - in reply to #30511)
Subject: RE: Reduced Rates of Fertilizer - plot data

Chebanse, IL.....

OK-I think I hear from the "masses" the following. Please advise me on which points I'm wrong:

1. Banding fertilizer under strip tilling will probably raise same bu/A of corn as b-casting.

2. Banding 1/2 of normal crop removal rates of fertilizer under strip tilling will probably deplete soil after some time period...however seems to be common practice.

3. No additional fertilizer seems to have been granted for growing of soybeans (or other rotated crops), so I assume those crops will take their nutrients from the soil.

So-if I adopt this practice in NE IL on medium testing soils-what do you forsee as the results to my and/or landlord's soils after 10-20-30-50 yrs of this practice.

Also-I'd asked before but it probably got lost somewhere....does anyone have university or independant research plots showing the side-by-side effect of banding reduced rates vs b-casting either reduced rates (whatever that is) or "full rates"? I guess we'd have to also search out results of banding "full rates". Again-not sure what they're considered. I guess full rate would be 2x of normal banding rates under strip till? Are theses long term plots?

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)