AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

There will be bank failures caused by commercial real estate losses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 3/9/2024 07:32 (#10658237 - in reply to #10658188)
Subject: RE: There will be bank failures caused by commercial real estate losses

It's my opinion and pretty much the truth that almost nothing was done right during chovid. I'm not even sure any of the statistics were accurate.... Of course folks will scream which further strengthens my argument.....

However, the one factor that I don't think anyone saw coming was working from home is a viable alternative to employees in offices. Apparently commercial real estate investors/owners didn't see this until it was too late. It did happen pretty fast - if 2 weeks is good, more is better wasn't on anybody's business plan. I know some have gone back and there are media stories about how people should go back into offices (based on reality or propaganda? who knows).

I have 2 daughters who work from home and except for some events or special meetings, they don't go an office. For the type of work they do, it's perfectly reasonable. This would never work in any manufacturing or service business, but I don't think office buildings were filled with folks with jobs that required direct contact with customers or processes.

I work from home, but my home is also home to 5000 pigs. Not quite the same my daughters tell me....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)