AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

There will be bank failures caused by commercial real estate losses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

north1
Posted 3/9/2024 09:36 (#10658505 - in reply to #10658250)
Subject: RE: There will be bank failures caused by commercial real estate losses

North Dakota
Stating there is 0 reason IMHO is being shortsighted. I have a loved one that works in the financial/investment industry and there are several reasons for commuting at least periodically to the main office:

1. It is beneficial to have a one on one, face to face meeting with client(s) in a professional environment. Office staff are right there on site to provide valuable information real time. They find clients are much more likely to make decisions rather than dealing with someone remotely staring at a computer screen.

2. Some companies are not keen on employees doing work on unsecured networks when employees are working remotely. Example. Did 13 year old Joey get on dad or moms work laptop and do something that could lead to a data breach?

3. Networking with fellow employees and staff is much easier and quicker when they are all in house. Why send an email when you can walk across the hall and relay a message. Employees already spend an exorbitant amount of time in the day pouring through hundreds of emails. Eliminating some of that to get the work done can be more efficient.

4. Some employees just aren’t disciplined enough to deal with all the distractions working remotely can entail.

I could go on further but I think it should be evident working remotely doesn’t necessarily work as well as in house in not all but many situations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)