AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wedding Venues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Fellers Ranch
Posted 3/30/2024 11:24 (#10686593 - in reply to #10686578)
Subject: RE: Wedding Venues

Conger, MN
That is interesting . . . because here it is just the opposite.

The City makes the couple adhere to the rules almost to a "T". The CUP has two pages of rules on how and how not the facility can be used.

Starting out, there was lots of backlash to the idea, so I feel the City decided they needed to put all the rules in place, and then to watch them like hawks. Maybe things are loosening up a bit, but I know that they had to go back and get the CUP modified for what I thought were pretty minor changes -- adding a patio and to put up a fence.

Talking to the husband, he said that most other Wedding Barns get away with way more that they can here. For example, he said that there are wedding venues all over the state that don't have sprinkler systems. This couple was required to put one in, at a cost of over $100,000.

State building code requires sprinklers in this type of venue, but in many jurisdictions, that is not enforced. Most of the venues have old wood construction, that would go up in flames quickly . . . although I'd also guess that most of them have multiple exit locations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)