AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wedding Venues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

fowllife
Posted 4/1/2024 06:01 (#10688802 - in reply to #10686718)
Subject: RE: Wedding Venues

NC Ohio
JAGSVIP - 3/30/2024 13:52

I can’t tell you at this point. They are starting from scratch as far as 2,400 square foot building, well, septic, parking lot, and turnaround for fire trucks. They had a lawyer prepare the 40 page application for submission to the zoning board of appeals.They intend to have 1-2 weddings a week March-October. I’ve looked on multiple building websites and they have understated the number of people per square foot by 30.

That is a pretty small building. Anything they build would be governed by the Ohio Building Code since it's a commercial building. Assuming they would have some back of house stuff (warming kitchen, restrooms, changing area, ext.) I would guess the assembly area would be 1800 sf or less. Their use group would be an A-2 assembly use. The occupant load would be around 260 with chairs (7 sf/occ.) only or 120 with tables & chairs (15 sf/occ.). The building would need to have a fire suppression system with a occupant load over 100 in an A-2 use. All of that is clearly defined in the Building Code. I would assuming they would also have an outdoor area so their numbers really could be anything. A lot of these types of building try to skate through without getting a commercial permit building permit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)