AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wedding Venues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 3/30/2024 21:01 (#10687227 - in reply to #10686262)
Subject: RE: Wedding Venues

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
If they are going to build a wedding venue out in the middle of the goat hills, a mile from anything, I would encourage them, and wish them good luck- a friend of mine has build one from scratch, re-furbishing old out buildings, out in the middle of the goat hills, saw him the other day, he said that he is booked up 18 months in advance for weddings.

However, if the new neighbors are wishing to build one, basically across the fence from farmland, my thought is that one of their close friends should tell them that perhaps they ought to give it a serious re-think. No matter how much everyone agrees to try and respect the new wedding venue, sooner or later, someone is going to screw up, not get the word, whatever, and about the time the bride and groom say "I do", some clown that can't read a map from the elevator is going to wing around the perimeter with the sprayer or fertilizer spreader, or the spray plane is going to buzz the fenceline with fungicide, or the wind changes and the scent of something offensive is going to waff (is that a word?) over the crowd, and then anywhere from 1 to 245 people are going to be mad at somebody.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)