AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how to exit a family farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

easymoney
Posted 10/2/2010 13:59 (#1381677 - in reply to #1358519)
Subject: Re: how to exit a family farm

ecmn
grandpa' yell and complain, thats what they do, sometimes you have to calmy just tell them to back off and let you have your turn doing it. is your grandpa an idiot? did he raise an idiot? did his kid become an idiot? I hope there is a no to them answers. so by thanking your grandpa for the things he taught you and letting him know you are still using his words just in your own way can help. Old people dont mean harm, part of it is they cant do it themselves anymore and that has to be hard. with my broken leg i had to watch a kid do my job. within the first hour i had to remove all small wrenchs and ether cans or i would have whipped them at him.

as far as the dad goes. pretty much the same thing. just have to sit down in short periods at first. keep emotions in check, and simply talk one point and listen to each other. a lot of times you might be saying the same thing but one isnt listening or sometimes both.
my dad is a huge factor in my life. i am thankfull for the dad i have, for what he has done for the community i can never fill his shoes. but not everyday when i was trying to farm his operation was a plesant one. came to the point where a fast auction was needed for many reasons, one of them was to save our relationship. now things are back to good and normal and going to stay that way. I do give a lot to my folks. on paper i have had bankers tell me i need to be charging this and that. but its my folks, someday they will be dead and weather or not we were 100% fair on paper really wont matter at all. What will is that we still have the farm and the 6th generation will be learning it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)