AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Increasing bean yields- harvest techniques and storage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dan Loehr
Posted 3/24/2024 12:34 (#10677898 - in reply to #10677800)
Subject: RE: Increasing bean yields- harvest techniques and storage

Holland, Indiana (SW IN)
Hey Clay
It makes me pretty nervous to put soybeans from 16% to 9% in the same 48’ bin
Really makes me nervous when “juice” is running out the side in an area about 1/2 way up and the bin is mostly full
Butter beans end up along the side I think

But it has been working— we have hydraulic driven beaters over the sumps (sump savers ) never had to use them — beans have been coming out good shape

We dry beans to 14 hot covering the floor peaked no spreader fill bin 16-9% run the fans for a few days pull out couple loads core bins only run fans after that nights and morning so we don’t over dry

Part is combine setting almost no pods — open even the very green— butter beans —high amount of butter beans run through a CF dryer they come out looking almost normal

Been working but still makes me nervous that many $ in a bin
If I get nervous dry 16% soybeans instead of put straight into bin cut off 15% for straight in bin
They still seem to come out about right moisture in Jan- Feb takes very little heat to drop moisture 2 points

Dan

Add we have run some extremely green soybeans 1-5 acre patches replanted in middle of the field
Years back we would leave them and cut later —we cut them moving very slowly put in a hopper tank run through
CF dryer slowly if its just a few bu mix them with dryer bu and run through dryer
We’re using older Super B dryers— make sure columns are moving every morning completely empty every day

Edited by Dan Loehr 3/24/2024 12:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)