AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frustrated
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 3/21/2024 00:52 (#10673374 - in reply to #10672662)
Subject: RE: Frustrated

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
I will type very little as I become less popular daily. But you have to understand that what drives you has little to do with what drives another farmer. So the motive on growth is their own. Some have little things they need to compensate for.....some had a person 53 years ago say you aren't good enough and they are still proving them wrong....most are just boomers that can't let go of any control.....Regardless of the scenario the reality is you can only do you and find contentment in your current operation. If needing to grow is all that makes a farmer happy.....how does one not become the ones we hate....

I left a farm rolling across a fair amount for our region. Started over, 510 acres is my commanding operation, and never been happier and couldn't expand much without a major life change.

Watch taking advice from a generation that could actually pencil out land purchases or that had family involved. Start with nothing and you will learn to find small wins are more important than big. My dreams are still to own more land, but not farming 5 to pay for 1....

Edited by DobsonAG 3/21/2024 04:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)