AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frustrated
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

clicker
Posted 3/21/2024 09:14 (#10673710 - in reply to #10673557)
Subject: RE: Frustrated

Southern IA
WAYNE0224 - 3/21/2024 07:38

clicker - 3/21/2024 00:55

WAYNE0224 -

Waiting around for your neighbors to implode isn't a good business plan, while you're waiting you should read up on how crop insurance works[/QUOTE. 1st off watching how others operate is very much part of the game...watching them skirt the line financially is exactly how you learn to beat them. If a operation is reckless with the way they do business, then they deserve to end up bankrupt. Biding against stupid ppl is certainly not a game I choose to play. Now, i the difference between genius and stupid, is a fine line.... I bet a lot of guys were smart enough to not bid against Mike Stamp.... The insurance gig is garbage anyway, if I need to use them to keep my business solvent, it's a failed business. Enterprise units are not available to me, due to too few of acres, in too close of an area...which double..yes DOUBLES my cost per acre....it pretty much makes me have to go cut someone's throat on a piece of ground, to " average " out my costs.....

so if you got outside your home section and rented ground you could cut your insurance premium in half and bid that much more into getting the next farm to rent. Now you're figuring this thing out, but I'm sure you don't want to give up that savings to the landlord like others would. But I'm wondering why you buy insurance to begin with. Doesn't sound like you have too high of an opinion of the whole program.

1st off watching how others operate is very much part of the game...watching them skirt the line financially is exactly how you learn to beat them.
but you are still saying you haven't learned to beat them as they have all the ground, while you're still watching them trying to figure out how to beat them
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)