AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Divorce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

royboy
Posted 9/8/2010 22:52 (#1352024 - in reply to #1344870)
Subject: RE: Divorce

Looks like you have gotten a lot of good advise not sure I can add much more. I have been down this road and it is not one I want to go down again. Will say it was my choosing to go down it when I did. But even doing it from the other side of the fence I will say this:

Never put your son in between differrences between you and your ex.
Never speak bad about her to your friends, family, neighbors, ect...
When you have your kid be in good spirits and if you still have your parents around make sure they have time with him.
If you are like me you have a busy schedule even when you have them, but a few minutes out of an evening to do something fun is greatly apreciated by both let alone the time they spend with the rest of your (their family) and stuff.

Now for your parental rights:
Do not give up your rights for a joint custody, unless you are an unfit dad (which I can easily guess you are not) do not do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have rights just like she does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Get a good lawyer, one that knows your rights, you must remember, a lawyer works for you, you do not work for him.
The law states (at least in our state) when it comes to rights under a divorce you have a just say in them as long as you are a fit parent! I think you not need worrying about being fit, you sound better than me! :-)
But do not let yourself to be run over by fancy lawyer talk!!!!!! Stand up for yourself and do not let yourself be over run!! Not trying to sound sexist but if a guy was trying to do this to you, would you put up with it?!! Always take pride in yourself and what you stand for, you do that and you will be fine.

I will say this, you will have good days and bad days. Some will seem more than others, I hope yours are more so good. I firmly believe things happen for a reason. Been about 5 years since I been down this road, I have a better relationship with my kids and met a wonderful lady just recently that I feel lucky to find!

Just hang in there and hang tough!!!!

Royboy

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)