AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EV news from ICE companies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Glenn W.
Posted 6/11/2023 13:19 (#10265960 - in reply to #10265831)
Subject: RE: EV news from ICE companies

Southeast Washington
There are no farms around here putting 500 miles a day on a vehicle. They have to be in the field tending to their crops. How much field time within the 500 mile day? You say real farmers and I don't see anyone here just running 500 miles daily. More of a waste of manpower than buying an EV.

Turn it around. Real farms have more than one vehicle. Most running is shorter distance. For us about 75 miles one way to get the necessities and easily done with an EV for smaller items saving the ICE vehicles for the larger chores and the long trips. Longer trips are a lot easier on a vehicle than all the stop and go. Our EV had taken 10,000 miles of wear and tear off our ICE vehicles. Run all day, charge at night, get in and repeat the next day. Don't have to go chase fuel and wait in line to get it. It is a tool in the toolbox that people can choose or don't choose to utilize.

Ed is just sharing his experiences with his EV and the evolution of it going forward. You want an EV for long distance and I'm looking at it too take up the most of our driving in the 75 mile radius from the farm which is now in line with most farmers. About any further away is shipped or hauled for less than I could do it anyway no matter what kind of propulsion system I use.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)