AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EV news from ICE companies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 6/11/2023 22:09 (#10266751 - in reply to #10266572)
Subject: RE: EV news from ICE companies

Glenn W. - 6/11/2023 20:03

Just reread your comments above to see how one thinks you are talking about a farm.

Except that he's not a farmer reporting on real life usage of an EV as a farmer or how a farm family would use one.

You're not putting 500+ miles of "fuel" into a EV in 15 minutes.  

You wanted to hear from a farmer and you appear to be concerned about being able to drive 500 miles for farm use daily. Goes to show you that EV can do what you want if you aren't putting on 500 miles a day. I really don't care what you choose to drive but you ask how one would work for a farm and then say it can't be done.

There has been no rah rah that I have seen and I don't want to lose access to ICE engines either. Everyone knows there are limitations of everything so don't say there is a complete dismissal of limitations. I think they have been brought up in every conversation on here. Just because some are voicing their satisfactory experience with something doesn't mean it is good for everyone. 

You skipped over Ed's mention of his 1500 mile trip that took him 3 days, my unanswered questions to Ed and MirandaAcres saying "3 minutes to pump fuel and another 2-5 minutes to take a leak. Looks like you only saved 7-10 minutes. Of course 3 min is assuming you got a fast pump."      

That's why you should try "threaded view" and try to follow the comments in order.     

You might not dismiss the limitations but Ed certainly does, he doesn't want to discuss range vs charge times or cold weather other than to say it doesn't matter to him (which everyone paying attention already knew) meanwhile dissing any source of info that goes against the "EV's are the greatest thing since sliced bread" narrative.     

Of course an EV can work for your daily transportation if your expectations of it don't include long range trips, hauling/pulling much of anything or cold weather.    Your feet, a golf cart, a bike or a horse could get it done also if the expectations are low enough.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)