AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EV news from ICE companies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 6/14/2023 09:29 (#10270173 - in reply to #10270150)
Subject: RE: EV news from ICE companies

Except that I work the crap out of a 1/2 ton gasser.

I don’t care what anyone else does so long as it’s not forced on me and I’m not forced to help pay for it. So far the EV crowd has two strikes against it and they’re preparing to force them on us.   So far we’ve paid for chargers, tax credits for solar panels to make it economically feasible and tax credits for the EVs themselves. What’s next, a tax credit for every mile you drive with an EV?  Cash for gusslers (trade your ICE for a EV and get a check on top of the tax credit)?

I just want to see honesty on what their capabilities and limitations are. As Ed noted before on his Tesla trip, if you’re charging from a super charger the economics of them isn’t any better than a fuel efficient ICE car. The way to make them work is to have cheap cheap electric for charging. That won’t be the case if everyone is forced into EVs.

If they really are that great, they will take over the market without govt money being shoveled into it with a 994k Cat payloader.  

Speaking of honesty, EVs biggest cheerleader can’t even be honest about the difference between a tax credit to a consumer vs a business deducting an expense from their gross income.   Unbelievable. 

Edited by Kooiker 6/14/2023 10:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)