AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EV news from ICE companies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MiradaAcres
Posted 6/12/2023 09:47 (#10267230 - in reply to #10266093)
Subject: RE: EV news from ICE companies

scmn

This guy traveled 973 miles in 16hrs 30 minutes of which 14:06 was driving and 2:24 were spent charging.  Average trip speed 58.97mph.
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/05/is-it-possible-to-drive-an-electric-car-1000-miles-in-a-day/
I knew the guys goal was 1000 miles in a day but he quit after arriving at his hotel because he had plenty of charge and time to drive the extra 27 miles with plenty of time left in the day but he did not feel the need to drive it to comfortably say 1000 in a day is doable with an EV.  Sorry about that, I got his numbers swapped with a 700+ mile, 22 hour start to finish trip I did, granted 7 hours were spent not driving 1/2 thru the drip.

For me the thing is most trips do not involve a significant amount of interstate because I do not see a need to add 150-200 miles to a trip just to drive on the interstate.  In the last year I have had several days where I have driven 5-600 miles and never even driven on the interstate.  The reality is very, very few people will drive 11 hours+ straight only stopping for fuel.  At some point you need to get out and stretch, find the need to take a 20 minute power nap, or just sit down at a restaurant and eat a meal.  I have driven on long trips with a few guys and they always want to stop for something while I have no problem driving straight thru to a destination 2-300 miles away.

Now I appreciate you trying to downplay EVs but your example, but you should consider that HOS requires a minimum 30 minutes (consecutive) non driving in the first 8 hours; HOS drivers cannot legally drive 11 hours straight thru.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)