AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/13/2024 08:13 (#10704996 - in reply to #10704980)
Subject: RE: Tesla update

sloughclub - 4/13/2024 07:57

I’ll have to say I’m with red oak on this one , a car that I know has braking issues and I’ve got my children in the car with me and I run a T intersection after having it happen to me before without the kids in the car ? If there would have been a family at that intersection and someone got t- boned in a Tesla with known brake issues? Like I said I’m with redoak

Prior to this event I thought the issue only applied to mud. Lots of vehicles struggle in mud more than they should due to various safety systems that don’t know what to do with mud and you just have to learn the vehicle and adjust how you drive in mud.

I thought it did fine in dry gravel. This was the first time it had behaved in this way on dry gravel but I’m kinda enamored with the regenerative braking so I usually didn’t push it much. This time I chose to rely on a much larger percentage of the braking capacity than normal. I expected it to behave like all of the other recent vehicles I have driven on gravel and it didn’t.

In the future I will test any new to us vehicle on gravel with simulated panic stops (I don’t believe I was in a panic stop situation when I tried to stop the other day. Just significantly heavier than my normal braking). Never would have imagined prior to this that any vehicle couldn’t stop somewhat decently in dry gravel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)