AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/13/2024 08:42 (#10705021 - in reply to #10704855)
Subject: RE: Tesla update

redoak - 4/13/2024 05:32

Not to be rude , but, maybe you need to adjust your driving habits....could have T boned and killed somebody or your kids

I think going through a ditch @ 40 mph. u ended up very lucky....jmho

For what it’s worth, I agree with you. I feel I said that in my original post. Perhaps I didn’t convey it clearly enough. My driving habits will be more conservative going forward. I am experiencing a lot of regret. There was no good reason to try to make up time.

I expected criticism like yours when I made the thread. It would have been easy to not make the thread. But I told people on NAT I’d update them on how the Tesla behaved in situations farmers might be more likely to encounter then the rest of the world.

And despite my driving decisions being poor that day, the fact remains that I firmly believe all of our other vehicles would have handled the same situation fine.That’s no big deal if you’re not being an aggressive driver for no good reason but it’s a huge deal if something unexpected happens and you need to perform a panic stop.

I can’t be sure that the car performed poorer than it should have. I admit that it’s possible I just misjudged my speed and there was nothing wrong with the car. I don’t believe that is what happened though. I would encourage any NAT readers considering a Model Y to practice emergency stops in any unpaved conditions you have before fully trusting it.

I don’t have an issue with logic. I recognize there are several possibilities:

1. It could have been that I simply misjudged my speed although that has never happened to me before up to this point
2. It could have been that there was something wrong with my specific car
3. It could be that Model Y’s as a group handle heavy braking on gravel roads poorly
4. It could be that all Teslas handle heavy braking on gravel roads poorly

But what you said is true. Had I been driving normally nothing bad would have happened. I will never drive that aggressively again unless it’s a true emergency or I’m doing safety testing on a new to me vehicle.

Edited by dpilot83 4/13/2024 09:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)