AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 4/14/2024 16:12 (#10706604 - in reply to #10706463)
Subject: RE: Tesla update

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

Original Greaser Bob - 4/14/2024 13:20
berggrenfarms - 4/14/2024 11:47 An EV is the only vehicle on the road today that uses an unproven (in the automotive world) braking system as the main braking system.
I would be willing to bet both gonads that the "main braking system" in that Tesla is hydraulic, exactly like every other car on the road. I suspect you are trying to make people believe that the regenerative system that Teslas have is the "main" braking system. It is not. That pedal on the floor to the left of the accelerator is the main braking system. I also am quite sure that the regen system can be turned on or off as the operator wishes. The car would certainly have sufficient braking to stop itself with regen turned off.

If they engineered his model to have X% of regenerative braking normally, they can downsize the braking system from what would be "normal" on a vehicle of that size, and while that still may be adequate on 95% of roads and surfaces, its not enough in a situation like the OPs. Again this is hypothetical because I dont know what the specs are, maybe without regen, the Tesla barely squeaks by the standards? Id be curious to see. 

I dont hate EVs, I think they have a place, but the Gov and others trying to shove them on everyone is my beef. If they were truly better in every way than an ICE then people would be buying them in droves, but the numbers Ive seen say otherwise. 

Henry Ford didnt start killing horses to force people to buy the Model T.....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)