AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CMN
Posted 4/13/2024 16:22 (#10705427 - in reply to #10705358)
Subject: RE: Tesla update

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
Given the information provided by the OP, and until more information is provided by the OP and/or his Tesla, my opinion will remain the same. My replies have all been about accepting at least some personal responsibility for ditching the car, which it reads to me like the OP has done...kudos to him.

On the other hand, it reads to me like you lay blame solely on the OP's Tesla. Which leads to the question have you given any thought to the possibilty the OP was at least partially at fault for driving his Tesla into a ditch?

As far as my reading comprehension is concerned...The OP has posted in the past on this forum about handling/traction issues on the mud roads they frequently travel. He has stated the Tesla does not repond the way other vehicles do he and his wife are used to driving in the same conditions. The OP has also stated in past threads his Tesla was starting to get a few miles on it and has mentioned in this thread they have had previous concerns about braking issues with their Tesla, which leads to the question about proper maintenance by the OP...especially under the driving conditions they experience.

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/models/en_us/GUID-3DFFB071-C0F6-4...

Warning
Properly functioning braking systems are critical to ensure safety. If you experience a problem with the brake pedal, brake calipers, or any component of a Model S braking system, contact Tesla immediately.

Model S has an anti-lock braking system (ABS) that prevents the wheels from locking when you apply maximum brake pressure. This improves steering control during heavy braking in most road conditions.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/brakes-suddenly-stop-working...

Feb 24, 2022
When you brake with the pedal, initially there is also good regen. If the car thinks the wheels lock and it reduces regen, it can feel like you're losing your brakes but you're not. Look at it this way.: in a normal situation you might have half your braking power that's done in regen and the other half from friction brakes. In most cases regen is more like 80%. If regen goes away, you're losing 50-80% just like that. Make sure this is not what's happening first.

I know the AWD Dodge Charger, Buick TourX, and Ford Taurus handle nothing like a RWD and FWD vehicle do when "agressively" driving on gravel roads. I assume adding regen braking into the mix is yet another scenario that a aggressive driver would have to master to drive agressivly successfully on gravel/mud roads.

Maybe Tesla should put a hand brake on the just the rear wheels so that a agressive Tesla driver can lock up just the rear wheels for a second or two? Teslas should also have the ability to apply power to just the rear wheels IMO. That way an agressive Tesla driver can excute perfect high speed right angle turns and "Rockford turns"...with some practice.

These new "safer" cars have taken all the fun out of driving IMO.

Edited by CMN 4/13/2024 16:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)