AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

buying soybean seed by seed count or 50 lb.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/21/2006 22:29 (#37786 - in reply to #37770)
Subject: RE: Who said anything about bagging by ct??

Chebanse, IL.....

Mike

No. I want to order a specific # of seeds & pay for that specific #. I don't want your company charging me the same for 2200/# seeds as for 3700/# seeds.

Which do you attempt to use for your farm? I'd guess most up here prefer the smaller seeds for economic reasons, it will get worse with increasing seed prices & stagnant crop prices. SB seed is rumored to go up 3%.....again-starting to compound pretty good. Somebody's gonna lose....right? We can't all get the smallEST seeds. Dealers have said their better/best customers get first divvies on the small seed. How do we know if we're that customer. I'd just like to pay one rate for seed count. Bring me the little ones, bring me the big ones, I don't care. I don't care if you bring them in a 5 gal bucket or a bushel basket or a hopper bottom.

Are you saying the companies presently doing this aren't doing it ethically? Again-some say it's hard to do-some say it's impossible-some are doing it. This isn't just my dream. Some say it's impossible, but it may be possible with higher costs.

When we grew seed, it was sized, but it sure wasn't 50-100K bus. I'd suggest dealing w/smaller lots for more accuracy....if anyone cares.

Mike-why have our seed costs gone up without this expensive proposition of buying a specific # of seeds? Whose name do we tag with that markup?

Thanks for your input.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)