AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

buying soybean seed by seed count or 50 lb.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/22/2006 19:40 (#37991 - in reply to #37917)
Subject: Re: buying soybean seed by seed count or 50 lb.

Chebanse, IL.....

Dave

I'll have to assume you probably think we just started farming last yr or so. Not the case....but thanks for the dealer/customer relationship lesson anyway. We don't grow seed any longer...but we've done our share.

We work w/a couple of very pro-active seed dealers...I guess. Not sure what that means really, but I assume it means as others have said, "your seed dealer should take care of their better customers....". We pay our bill & don't hassle them & join them in social occasions....so I guess they're pro-active. I have no idea if we're they're best customers....probably not. We like ourselves-they seem to like us, but I don't expect miracles. I don't know of any of our neighbors that request large seeds....so again, where do all the large seeds go? You guys using them out there? We sure don't want them-again because of the pricing.

They play the musical chairs game of seed sizing. I'll have to tell them though that they can save a lot of time, since now we've read here that seed size is pretty much a myth & probably not much more than something to fill the seed tag requirements.....is that correct?

So-do you think I've talked to these dealer friends about this "sell by the seed"? Do you think it's a new concept? And most important....just what do you think their opinion or position is on that concept? BTW-they both farm.

Then finally I'd like to make it clear-I'm not personally responsible for any of the huge cost increases we've seen in bean seeds in recent years....though I've been warned constantly of the ramifications of wanting to buy beans by the seed.

Also Dave, I'm pretty sure none of our dealers have beans in their warehouses by Dec. Also-why would the actual size of the bean have anything to do with the pricing I want in Oct?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)