AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School Kids - How many of you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 4/25/2010 07:28 (#1173461 - in reply to #1173439)
Subject: Re: School Kids - How many of you

North Central Illinois
I agree. Its pretty hard for a child to be accountable for their actions when their parents aren't accountable for them. Its got nothing to do with weather they are home schooled or they go to daycare. Accountability and repsonsibility are taught at home before a child reaches school age. These skills are honed over the years as parents tell them when they did good and when they screwed up. There have to be consequences for actions at and early age. If they haven't learned some of this by the time they go to school they are in for a tough life. I don't really have a problem with homeschooling as long as it is done right. If some of life's lessons aren't taught and learned by the time they finally do get off the ranch the same problems can result. In general I think the parents that are truely committed to homeschooling to a fine job. I'm afraid there are probably some that aren't doing a real good job and those kids will have to make up for lost time someday. Its a little like daycare. There are both good and bad ones. I don't buy the notion that all kids that went to daycare are the ones raising hell in school either. My daughter went to daycare and is thriving. Times are different that is for sure. The drugs are bad but that goes back to the parents taking the time when the kids are young to explain to them about the dangers of drugs. Show them someone around town that is burned out and tell them this is what happens to people that do drugs. Tell them that more than likely when they go to school someone is going to offer them drugs at some time. Make sure they know how important of a decision it will be for them when faced with this situation. It all goes back to teaching your kids long before they go to school.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)