AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School Kids - How many of you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ttop
Posted 4/26/2010 10:57 (#1175248 - in reply to #1172240)
Subject: Re: School Kids - How many of you

scky
I have read all the post, and agree with parts of most, I have a son and DIL that are teachers, raised 3 children that contribute to society, so I have been there and done that. I know that the root of the problem is in the home, and this is in general and I think all are guilty of some of the problems. We as parents, taxpayers and community people have allowed the few to tell us what we are to do, how we are going to do it and when we can do it, we allowed the schools to pass students that should not have been in school much less graduate, we have allowed the administrators to force the teachers to do this and the teachers have allowed this to happen.
We have allowed (People) "so called teachers" stay in school and pass on to our children their beliefs, or non-beliefs without any questions, this includes teachers, and school administration.
We have continued to elect politicians that continued to force onto us their beliefs and force this on to the school society, when this failed we allowed them to tax us so they could throw more good money into bad by telling us that we need more for the kids, only to have more coaches, drivers ed, counselors, and any way to spend money other that teach, all the time they are getting rid of the vocational programs, (so those kids that are not college bound will not have this benefit.
With this move they have installed more sports programs, more planning programs, less hours to teach, more rooms dedicated to problem children and not having school, only slowly turning the program into a delinquency and baby setting program, and with this they have taken away while we were trying to make a living by working 24/7 all reference to the Bible and God..
We have bought into the Spock teachings, no discipline, no teacher support, no losers or winners therefore everybody is right concept, that we have no where to go, how long has it been since you have seen someone support a teacher verses a child, always the child is right, never wrong.
So folks I think all of us are the blame and no I don't think rodrod is stupid, nor do I think notill is wrong with his so called rant, good discussion, if only one of us will get involved with our children and the community.
Now I can get off my soap box, Thanks
Royce
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)