AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any ” natural”Sleep aid suggestions or other?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Sidneyfarmer
Posted 2/1/2024 09:16 (#10603377 - in reply to #10602710)
Subject: RE: Any ” natural”Sleep aid suggestions or other?

Sheridan Mi
Seven years ago, I had a case of insomnia like you only see on TV, except that it wasn't funny like it is in the sitcoms. I was like you, my mind just wouldn't shut off. It went on for three weeks or more. You'd think that at some point, you'd get so tired that your body would just shut down, but it didn't. I tried melatonin but that only made it worse, if that's possible. I was already tired, that stuff just made me even more tired. About a week in to it, I started sleeping in another bedroom so the wife and I didn't keep each other awake.

I had gotten her a new junk garbage My Pillow for Christmas and there was a second one free. I hadn't put two and two together, but the trouble started about the time I started using it. I finally grabbed that thing and threw it on the floor and used my old one. I went right to sleep. It was a little bit touch and go the next few nights, but the worst was over.

Have you tried listening to "Green Noise"? Just search it if you haven't. I've done it a few times after meetings and what not to clear my mind.

When we go on trips, I take a Benedryl before bed. It works as well as anything else for me. I take it here at home too if I really need to be sure I'm going to get enough sleep.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)