AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Separation Divorce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

forwardperson
Posted 8/13/2010 10:46 (#1313594)
Subject: Separation Divorce

NW Iowa
How do you find the energy to go on? Wife of twenty four years asked for separation last Friday. Have two kids a daughter eighteen going off to college Monday and a Son fourteen. We lived off the farm and I had to move out. Mourning the loss of my marriage, the love of my life and the relationship as I had it of my two kids. My son just doesn't really like the farm. He's on a differint wavelength than I so always had to work to connect. He spends a lot of time doing computor games. He does like to bike and scooter which I try to do some with him. I really valued just seeing him in the morining when he got up, eating meals with him, and visiting with him prior to bed. Now that is gone. He has always been a mommas boy and his cats and bedroom and home are at the other home. He doesn't really, at this point, want to do more than visit me.

My life was work and my family. I have always loved my wife and craved time spent with her. Today I find myself absent much family and no heart for work. I am in the early stages of about a $250000 bin and dryer project. This was done so I would have more family time. I'm questioning backing out of it although it would probably cost me 30 to 40K to get out and I would still have the old antiquated system. My biggest problem is I have no hootspa and it's hard to eat and hard to sleep.

My question again is how does one get on track. I need to manage my farm. I have no partners only employees, so can't really turn over decisions. The employees need my leadership. Right now I feel it would be niced to walk away from the farm. I'ld love to just report to work. Maybe would be nice to work somewhere with people and have more comradarie.

My wife has left open the possibility of reconciliation after at least three months. I don't know if I'll even be put back together by then. I'm normally a strong stable person, but this has got me.
I am a praying Godfearing man.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)