AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Separation Divorce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dave morgan
Posted 8/18/2010 11:27 (#1320797 - in reply to #1314216)
Subject: Re: Separation Divorce and a young son

Somerville, Indiana
All advice has been good, I can't add much to the wife situation except=There have been many marriages where the wife wakes up one morning and says I want a divorce. Daylight driller told me his wife did him that way, and he like you had no idea she wasn't happy. I am fortunate that I found a good wife early and got on with my life. With sorrow it helps me to stay busy at something I enjoy. Something I can look back on later and see that I made a difference. GET A DOG and spoil him rotten, he will reward you so much every minute you are with him. As to your son, isn't there something on your farm that he enjoys driving or operating? Computer games are fine for kids with no imagination or anything else to do, but they shouldn't be in most kid's lives, I would limit that time to an hour before bedtime at the most. A lot of kids spend their waking hours gaming and on computer, and don't even know how to run a lawn mower. One close to here is in his twenties and still doesn't know how to mow the lawn. If he likes running a combine turn him loose with a clean cab and nice combine-I made a rule that if ever he gets out of the cab with the machine running he is off that machine for a year. He loves running a combine, has since he was 8 years old, and runs it well. He has to be in your view for a few days, but most youngsters can run a combine better than we do-after its set up of course. Dawn was combining wheat when she was 10 and did well. Find work that he enjoys sharing with you. Keep a smile on your face when you are talking with him, and keep that smile when on the phone with everyone, it shows on the other end. If you feel yourself getting angry, stop what you are doing and think of all the nice things you have in life. This is the beginning of the rest of your life. Be sure to get that dog! Border Collie works well here, small enough to jump in the cab with you, but not so big as to be a nuisance. Remember you have total control over the rest of your life. Take control now and quit looking over your shoulder, that is gone and over with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)