AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Separation Divorce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Rich
Posted 8/14/2010 09:23 (#1314901 - in reply to #1313594)
Subject: RE: Separation Divorce

Kansas
Pretty good advice above. Would like to elaborate on one subject that hasn't been brought up yet.

Friends, and good ones at that. Reach out to them.

You have idle time now that you used to spend in the evenings with your family. That tv or the computer won't solve it all. Go visit your friends. Have company invited to your house and make supper for them. Enjoy thier fellowship. Ones that you truly trust you will find have a broad shoulder for you to weep on when times seem the most overwhelming.

You are going through a grieving process currently. Only difference then a funeral is the person is still alive. You have still lost someone that you held dear to your heart. Quiet time in an empty house with no noise can almost bring a man to his knees at some points.

I understand the not eating. First time I lost 35 lbs in 3 weeks and was on a potatoe chip coors light diet. I fully agree with the others on thier drinking advice. If your putting the bottle to your lips to kill pain instead of for having a good time, its up there for the wrong reasons and will help none.

Take time for you. If its a hobby you enjoy, a place you like to visit, a show you enjoy watching. Take time as you see fit for you to do something that makes you smile. Makes you feel better.

Eventually as time passes on you will come to a point that you will eat. You will sleep and you will start to see life again is good.

You have a long row to hoe ahead of you. I am sympathetic of where you are as I have been there a couple different times and it never gets easier.

I have a facebook acct and my email is in my profile here. Feel free to drop me a line anytime. Rant and Rave or cry and weep. All facets of emotion will find thier way through you in the very near future and while it is perfectly normal, it can at times be overbearing. Sometimes just knowing there is an ear there to hear helps alot. Even if there are no words or advice to be given. Just getting things off your chest makes breathing easier.

Try to find optimism again. Pessimism will try and creep into you like a bad cold. Remind yourself everyday that you are a good person and you are tough and you will persevere through this even if you do rely on others to help you carry some weight of grief on the worst of days.

You'll get through this and your gonna be fine. I know it doesn't seem very likely at the moment but believe me you will. You might even find then that there is good out of this and you will see some things you never noticed before. I won't make a list. You'll know what I'm talking about when it happens.

Keep your head up high and your chest out proud. You've made your success this far. No sense in letting one big hiccup knock you off your platform now.

I wish you the best. ;-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)