AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

“The Impossible dream of replacing the convenience of fossil powered with EVs”
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Hilltop Husker
Posted 3/10/2024 16:45 (#10660248 - in reply to #10660066)
Subject: RE: “The Impossible dream of replacing the convenience of fossil powered with EVs”

Northern Nebraska
The materials batteries will be built with in the near future won't be rare.

Most people don't drive hundreds of miles per day. The vast majority of cars in America can be replaced by ev easily. What would be better is hybrid vehicles optimized for e98 ethanol for those who do drive on long roadtrips. The average daily commute is only 40 miles total. Perfect for ev. Charge every night.

We need better public transit in this country and maybe this will be the impetus to actually build something useful like so many other countries have.

I could easily convert my primary vehicle to ev. I would love a 1000hp hybrid electric pickup for hauling.

We need to stop using coal and natural gas for electric production. Nuclear has been and always will be the only sustainable way forward.

I don't understand the reluctance of farmers to ev. We have historically been the best adopters of electricity. My grandfather had his only power station for his shop and house. I've used powertools my whole life. I was an early adopter of cordless tools.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)