AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

“The Impossible dream of replacing the convenience of fossil powered with EVs”
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 3/11/2024 18:26 (#10661649 - in reply to #10661419)
Subject: RE: “The Impossible dream of replacing the convenience of fossil powered with EVs”

Nw Iowa
That is what happened to Germany in my remark below. They had coal and gas as backup but costs of keeping backup running when with no demand was not figured in. Apparently keeping gas and coal as backup is not as easy as flipping a switch. I believe Zeehan had it in one of his videos. We have a group that sold some wind rights as a group and I remember at one of meetings many years ago that hey we’re developing a a battery to store unused power. It is 0 years alter and I don’t see here anyway any batteries on any of these windmill farms. I am not against electric, think there are some very good concepts but government isn’t going to have it figured out by 2035. It is about like reparations, liberals are all behind it until it they get in the details. Our local wind farm wanted to expand, had wind rights all signed up and very hard to get a place on existing lines to put power on. I guess I hate to see our country even more dependent on the grid, one major attack on our power grid and our country is a complete sitting duck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)